Thursday, January 24, 2008

Daddy's first post

This is my first attempt at putting a post on this website (I just figured out how to get on here) so we'll see how it goes. Today strikes me as a good day to post because our little girl Ainsley turned 11 months today which means that in exactly one month - she will be 1 year old. It seems impossible! Just yesterday we were in the delivery room and I was cutting the chord! She changes almost daily - getting prettier and more stubborn every day. Right now its hard to tell exactly which one of us she looks like because she changes so much but I still think she looks more like Brooke (thank God!). Right now its very funny to see how strong willed she is (just like Brooke too) but I know its going to be trouble some day.

Isaak is getting to be such a big boy and he is getting funnier every day. He has something that I don't know many kids have - comedic timing. He knows when he's supposed to say jokes and funny lines that he's heard on tv or his mom or I say. He makes me laugh every day. And luckily - I still make him laugh too so when we have Daddy/Isaak days - its so much fun that we are exhausted from laughing and of course wrestling around. I can't get on the floor anymore without Isaak jumping on me. As he gets bigger - that's getting harder to take and not get injured! I'm getting older and he's getting bigger!

Well - that's about it for me. I'm actually on the road this week and that's very hard because I really miss Brooke and the kids when I'm out here. I continue to be proud of the job Brooklyn is doing with our babies while I'm at work or on the road. They are such great kids and that is a testament to the fact that they hang out with her on a daily basis. I can't wait to get home tomorrow!

John

1 comment:

Karen Isbell said...

was trying to get to my sis-in-laws blog and typed in your address instead. Enojyed reading about your isbell family...this clan of Isbell's lives in GA with some of us in AL